Corn & Black Bean Salsa
A flavourful salsa with corn, black beans and avocado. Jalapeños give this salsa a bit of a kick, while the fresh cilantro and lime brighten the flavours.
Servings: 8 1-Cup Servings
- 1 Cup Black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 Cup Corn canned or frozen
- 1 Large Bell pepper seeded and diced, any colour
- 2-3 Large Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 Large Avocado diced
- 1/3 Cup Green onions sliced
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro chopped
- 1-2 Jalapenos diced small (remove seeds for less heat)
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Lime juice fresh
- 2 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp Kosher or salt or to taste
Prepare all of the vegetables and add them to a large bowl.
In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together the olive oil, vinegar, lime juice and seasonings.
Pour the dressing over the vegetables and stir to combine.
Serve with a bowl of tortilla chips, on top of tacos or as a side with your favourite protein.
Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 337mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 986IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg