A delicious flatbread pizza with cream cheese, jalapeño peppers, crispy bacon and melted cheese. It’s all the components of a jalapeño popper without all the work of stuffing them. Quick and easy, it can be an appetizer or meal.
We love jalapeno popper in our house. They are a bit spicy, a bit cheesy and a bit crispy. They are the perfect little appetizer or snack.
But stuffing all those pepper with the cream cheese filling and coating them in breadcrumbs can take a while. And while you could eat them as a meal, and I wouldn’t judge you if you did, they really are more appropriate as a snack.
However, when done as a mini pizza, or flatbread, it is perfectly acceptable to eat it as a meal. Plus it is a lot quicker to put together.
Why We Love This Recipe
It’s quick – This is a really quick recipe to whip up for a quick lunch, dinner or snack. It just takes a few minutes to assemble and about 15 minutes to cook.
It’s easy – Because we are using store-bought flatbread this recipe is super easy to put together. If you can assemble a pizza you can make this flatbread.
Simple ingredients – The ingredients for this recipe are simple, inexpensive and easy to find. You may even have everything in your pantry already.
For the full list of ingredients and directions see the printable recipe at the bottom of the page.
To make jalapeño popper flatbread you will need:
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Fresh jalapeño peppers
- Cooked bacon
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Fresh garlic
- Smoked paprika
- Onion powder
- Dried chives
You can use any flatbread that you like. I’ve used naan, but pita bread works just as well. You can even use pre-cooked individual pizza crusts if you like.
This recipe calls for cooked bacon. I always have cooked bacon in my fridge and use it for salads, sandwiches, and other recipes. If you don’t have any cooked bacon already you will want to cook 2-3 slices for this recipe.
Begin by mixing the cream cheese spread. In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, dried spices, and 1 clove of crushed garlic. Set this aside while you prepare the peppers.
To prepare the peppers trim the stem, cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds. Then dice the peppers. You can dice them as big or small as you like.
If you want your flatbread spicier you can simply slice the peppers and leave the seeds in. I usually seed a few and leave the seeds in a few for a nice balance of spice.
Pro Tip – The oils in hot peppers, such as jalapeños, can cause burns if handled incorrectly. Be sure not to slice jalapeños with bare hands if you have any cuts, and never touch your face after slicing them. It is recommended to wear gloves, especially if you have more than a few to slice.
Once the peppers are prepared spread half of the cream cheese mixture on the top of each flatbread.
Add half the shredded cheese to each flatbread, then the chopped bacon and peppers.
Place the flatbread into a 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. If you want the top a bit crispy you can turn the oven to broil for 2-3 minutes. Just watch it carefully as it can burn quickly.
If you would prefer to use canned jalapeño peppers that will work fine. Just be sure to drain them well before adding to the flatbread.
If you are making these for a party or appetizers and want to make them ahead of time that will work fine. You can assemble everything then pop them in the oven just before serving.
More Quick Recipes
Jalapeno Popper Flatbread
- 2 flatbreads naan or pita
- 1/2 Cup spreadable cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1 clove garlic crushed or minced
- 3-4 jalapeno peppers seeded and diced or sliced
- 1/4 cup diced cooked bacon 2-3 slices
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese 4oz
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 2oz
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, smoked paprika, onion powder, chives, and minced garlic. Set aside.
- Prepare the jalapenos by slicing off the stem, then slice them in half and carefully remove the seeds and ribs, dice into desired size pieces. If you want to retain more spice you can simply slice the peppers instead of seeding and dicing.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over each flatbread, then add half of the monterey jack and cheddar cheese to each and top with the cooked bacon and jalapenos.
- Place the flatbreads on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the flatbread is browned and cheese is bubbly.
- If you like, you can turn the oven to broil for 2-3 minutes to brown the top, but watch carefully as it can burn quickly.
- Remove from the oven, slice and serve.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.