This Ferrero Rocher milkshake is a creamy shake with the subtle flavours of hazelnut and chocolate. This milkshake uses vanilla ice cream, Nutella spread, and Ferrero Rocher chocolates to make a decadent shake that is perfect for dessert or a snack.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE, I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES.
If you love the delicious blend of hazelnut and chocolate, then this milkshake is for you. It has all the flavours of the delicious Ferrero Rocher chocolates blended into a cold, creamy drink.
This shake is creamy and smooth with a light hazelnut and chocolate flavour. It uses Nutella spread and Ferrero Rocher chocolates mixed with vanilla ice cream for the perfect balance of flavours.
It is not too sweet, but is thick and creamy. It makes a delicious dessert or snack or served alongside your burger and fries.
This Ferrero Rocher milkshake is made with only 5 ingredients. You will need:
- Ice Cream – I recommend a good vanilla ice cream for this milkshake. While you can use chocolate ice cream if you prefer, adding too much chocolate will mask the subtle hazelnut flavor of the Ferrero Rocher.
- Milk – I use 2% milk for all my milkshakes as it is always in my refrigerator. But you can use whatever you have; fat-free milk, whole milk, and even cream work well.
- Nutella – Using just a bit of Nutella in this recipe helps to boost the flavour without needing to use as many Ferrero Rocher balls, helping to keep the cost down just a bit.
- Ferrero Rocher Balls – It wouldn’t be a Ferrero Rocher milkshake without using Ferrero Rocher. I add three chocolate balls to the milkshake and then save 2 for decorating the top. Of course, you can use as many as you like.
- Whipped cream – Whipped cream is optional but makes the milkshake pretty and more dessert-like. You can skip this if you like, or use frozen whipped topping instead.
For a full list of ingredients and measurements, see the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Place the ice cream, milk, Nutella, and 3 Ferrero Rocher balls in a blender.
Place the lid on the blender, start the blender on a low speed and gradually increase the speed until the milkshake is blended.
If the milkshake is too thick, you can add a bit more milk until it is the consistency you prefer.
Drizzle some chocolate syrup on the inside of two tall glasses, then pour the milkshake into the glasses.
Top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup and a Ferrero Rocher ball.
Variations & Substitutions
There are a few ways you can customize this shake depending on what you have on hand.
- Ice Cream – You can use vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream, or a combination of the two. You can even use frozen yogurt if you don’t have ice cream.
- Nutella – If you don’t have any Nutella, you can use extra Ferrero Rocher, or you could add some hazelnuts and chocolate syrup to the milkshakes.
- Toppings – You can simply top this milkshake with whipped cream or frozen whipped topping. Or you can drizzle some chocolate sauce or hot fudge on top. If you have any chopped hazelnuts, you can sprinkle some on top of the whipped cream along with a Ferrero Rocher ball, or even add some chocolate shavings or sprinkles.
The thickness of the milkshake will be determined by how firm the ice cream is and how much milk is added. To make the milkshake thicker, make sure the ice cream is on the firmer side and add a small amount of milk at a time until you have the consistency you are looking for.
More Ice Cream and Frozen Drinks
Ferrero Rocher Milkshake
- Add the ice cream, milk, Nutella and 3 Ferrero Rocher balls to a blender.
- Place the lid on the blender. Start on a low speed and gradually increase the speed until the milkshake is blended and creamy. If it is too thick you can add a bit more milk until you have the consistency you prefer.
- Taste the milkshake and if you want more chocolate or hazelnut flavour you can add a bit more Nutella or another Ferrero Rocher ball.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce on the inside of two tall glasses. Pour the milkshake into the glasses. Top with whipped cream, drizzle with chocolate sauce and top with a Ferrero Rocher ball.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.