Snickers milkshake is a creamy, thick milkshake with the familiar candy bar flavours of peanuts, caramel and chocolate. This easy, decadent milkshake is made with simple ingredients and takes only minutes to prepare. A delicious dessert or snack.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE, I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES.
Milkshakes are a delicious treat that can be enjoyed at any time of the year.
They work well as a dessert or snack but are also popular alongside a juicy burger and basket of fries.
This Snickers milkshake is a creamy, thick shake that is flavoured just like the classic candy bar. In fact, it has 2 full-sized snickers bars blended right into the shake.
Made with vanilla ice cream, and the addition of caramel and chocolate syrup, this cold drink tastes just like a liquid snickers bar.
Topped with fluffy whipped cream, chopped peanuts, chocolate and caramel it looks like a shake you’d get from a fancy ice cream shop.
This recipe makes 2 large shakes which are big enough to share if you like. But I won’t blame you if you don’t!
This milkshake uses simple ingredients. You will need:
- Ice Cream – I use vanilla ice cream as I find it allows the flavour of the chocolate bars to come through better, but you can use chocolate ice cream or a combination of vanilla and chocolate.
- Milk – Any type of milk will do. I use 2% as I always have it on hand, but you can use fat-free, whole milk or even cream.
- Snickers chocolate bars – You will need 3 full-size chocolate bars. Two bars will be chopped up and blended into the milkshake, the remaining chocolate bar will garnish the top.
- Chocolate syrup – A bit of chocolate syrup helps give the milkshake a bit more chocolate boost without overwhelming the flavours of the cookie or caramel.
- Caramel syrup – Adding extra caramel syrup helps increase the flavour without needing to use as many candy bars.
- Whipped cream – Whipped cream is optional, but I always love to add it to my milkshakes so I can decorate the top with more chocolate and caramel drizzle.
- Chopped peanuts – Chopped peanuts sprinkled on top will add to the Snickers flavour. You can even blend a few into the milkshake if you like.
For a full list of ingredients and measurements, see the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Begin by chopping 2 of the Snickers bars into small pieces.
Next, add the ice cream, milk, chopped snickers bars, and two tablespoons of each chocolate and caramel syrup to a blender.
Start the blender on low and gradually increase the speed until fully blended. You can add a bit more milk if you find it too thick.
Pro-Tip: I use a Vitamix blender, which is a high-powered appliance. If you have a lower-powered blender you may need to add a bit more milk, start with slightly softened ice cream, or blend the shake a bit longer to get your desired consistency.
Drizzle caramel and chocolate syrup on the inside of two tall glasses and pour the blended milkshake into the glasses.
Top with whipped cream, chopped peanuts and chocolate and caramel syrup. Slice the remaining Snickers bar in half and add it to the top of the milkshake along with a straw and serve.
Variations & Substitutions
- Ice cream – You can change the flavour of the milkshake by using different ice cream. While I find this Snickers milkshake is best with vanilla ice cream, you can use chocolate, caramel, or any combination of the three. For a tangier flavour and fewer calories, you can use frozen yogurt.
- Caramel syrup – You can use store-bought caramel sundae syrup, or make your own. If you prefer, you can even use butterscotch syrup.
- Chocolate syrup – You can use store-bought chocolate sundae syrup or hot fudge sauce. If you don’t have any chocolate sauce, you could add a bit of unsweetened cocoa powder or some chocolate chips.
- Candy bars – If you don’t have any Snickers bars, but want similar flavours, use additional chocolate and caramel sauce and add a couple tablespoons of peanut butter.
- Whipped cream – I love whipped cream on top of my milkshakes, but this is optional. Alternatively, you could add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the top or use frozen whipped topping.
- Milk – You can use any milk you like, 2% milk, non-fat, whole milk or even chocolate milk for an extra boost of chocolate flavour. If you don’t have dairy milk, your favourite non-dairy milk will work well.
Snickers bars are not dairy-free, so in order to make this shake dairy-free, you would need to make some adjustments. Choose a non-dairy ice cream and your favourite non-dairy milk. Then omit the snickers bars and instead use additional chocolate and caramel syrup and add a tablespoon or two of peanut butter. Be sure you are choosing dairy-free syrup.
To make this a lighter shake, you can select low-fat ice cream or frozen yogurt and lower-fat milk. You can adjust it further by using sugar-free chocolate and caramel syrup.
More Milkshake and Ice Cream Recipes
Easy Snickers Milkshake
- 3 Cups vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon caramel syrup plus extra for drizzling
- 2 tablespoon chocolate syrup plus extra for drizzling
- 3 50g (1.86 oz) Snickers chocolate bars
- whipped cream
- chopped peanuts
- Begin by slicing 2 of the candy bars into small pieces.
- Add the ice cream, milk, caramel syrup, chocolate syrup, and chopped candy bars to a blender.
- Start the blender on low and gradually increase the speed until well blended. If the milkshake is too thick you can add a bit more milk.
- Drizzle caramel and chocolate syrup on the inside of two tall glasses. Pour the milkshake into the glasses.
- Top the milkshakes with whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate and caramel syrup. Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top and then top with half of the remaining snickers bar.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Tuesday 24th of May 2022
I made this for my niece and she loved it! You can't go wrong with chocolate and caramel sauce. We like our milkshakes a bit on the thicker side so I made sure to use my ice cream straight from the freezer. Thank you for the tip!
Sunday 22nd of May 2022
Soooo creamy and delicious! I am a huge fan of Snickers, and have been enjoying your other milkshake recipes very much. This is definitely my favourite! The whipped cream topping with the peanuts and chocolate sauce is just the best!