A creamy decadent milkshake with the flavours of cookie, caramel and chocolate. This easy Twix milkshake tastes like it is straight out of an ice cream shop. It is made with simple ingredients and takes only minutes to prepare. It makes a delicious summertime dessert or snack.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES.
I love milkshakes and milkshakes that are flavoured like chocolate bars may just be some of my favourites.
This Twix milkshake has all the flavours of the popular candy bar in a delicious, thick shake.
Real Twix bars are blended into the shake to give it a hint of the cookie flavour with a combination of milk chocolate and sweet caramel.
With whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel and chocolate syrup and topped with half a Twix chocolate bar, this milkshake is a fun dessert or snack.
You can make it as thick as you like and because we are adding chocolate and caramel syrup you can adjust it to suit your tastes depending on if you want more chocolate or caramel flavour.
This milkshake is made with just a few ingredients and takes only minutes to prepare.
The ingredients you will need to make this Twix milkshake are:
- Ice Cream – I use vanilla ice cream as I find it allows the flavour of the chocolate bars to come through better, but you can use chocolate ice cream or a combination of vanilla and chocolate.
- Milk – Any type of milk will do. I use 2% as I always have it on hand, but you can use fat-free, whole milk or even cream.
- Twix chocolate bars – You will need 2 full-size chocolate bars, equalling 4 sticks.
- Chocolate syrup – A bit of chocolate syrup helps give the milkshake a bit more chocolate boost without overwhelming the flavours of the cookie or caramel.
- Caramel syrup – Adding extra caramel syrup helps increase the flavour without needing to use as many candy bars.
- Whipped cream – Whipped cream is optional, but I always love to add it to my milkshakes so I can decorate the top with more chocolate and caramel drizzle.
For a full list of ingredients and measurements see the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Start by chopping 3 of the Twix sticks into small pieces and cut the remaining stick in half.
Add the ice cream, milk, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup and 3 chops Twix bars to a blender.
Start the blender on low and gradually increase the speed until the milkshake is fully blended.
Drizzle some chocolate and caramel syrup on the inside of two tall glasses and pour the milkshake into the glasses.
Top each milkshake with whipped cream, then add a drizzle of caramel and chocolate syrup. Place half of the remaining Twix bar on top of each milkshake, add a straw and serve.
Variations & Substitutions
There are many ways you can customize this milkshake to suit your preferences or work with what you have on hand.
- Ice cream – You can change the flavour of the milkshake by using different ice cream. While I find this Twix milkshake is best with vanilla, you can use chocolate, caramel, or any combination of the three. For a tangier flavour and fewer calories, you can use frozen yogurt.
- Caramel syrup – You can use store-bought caramel sundae syrup, or make your own. If you prefer, you can even use butterscotch syrup.
- Chocolate syrup – You can use store-bought chocolate sundae syrup or hot fudge sauce. If you don’t have any chocolate sauce, you could add a bit of unsweetened cocoa powder or some chocolate chips.
- Candy bars – If you don’t have any Twix bars, but want similar flavours, use additional chocolate and caramel sauce and add a few graham crackers.
- Whipped cream – I love whipped cream on top of my milkshakes, but this is optional. Alternatively, you could add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the top or use frozen whipped topping.
- Milk – You can use any milk you like, 2% milk, non-fat, whole milk or even chocolate milk for an extra boost of chocolate flavour. If you don’t have dairy milk, your favourite non-dairy milk will work well.
To make your milkshake extra-thick make sure you are using ice cream that is very cold and firm and start with only 1/4 cup of milk. Start the blender on low and gradually increase the speed allowing it to blend the milkshake. Add just a tablespoon or two of milk at a time until the milkshake is blended.
Yes, you can. Start by selecting a dairy-free ice cream and your favourite non-dairy milk. Almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk and oat milk are all great options. You will also want to make sure any additions such as syrups or candy bars are also dairy-free.
More Milkshake Recipes
Easy Twix Milkshake
- Start by chopping 3 of the Twix sticks into small pieces. Cut the remaining stick in half.
- Add the ice cream, milk, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup and 3 chopped Twix sticks to a blender.
- Start the blender on low and gradually increase the speed until the milkshake is fully blended.
- Drizzle chocolate and caramel syrup on the inside of 2 tall glasses.
- Pour the milkshake into the glasses then top with whipped cream. Drizzle chocolate and caramel syrup on top and add half of the remaining Twix to the top of each shake.
- Serve with a straw and enjoy.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.