This virgin strawberry mojito is a light and refreshing drink perfect for summer. Made with fresh strawberries, mint leaves, and lime and topped with club soda it has a crisp flavour that isn’t too sweet. This mocktail is the perfect way to enjoy a fancy beverage without the alcohol.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE, I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES.
What is a Virgin Strawberry Mojito?
A virgin strawberry mojito is a delicious mocktail based on the popular mojito cocktail.
Just like the mojito cocktail, it is made with fresh mint, lime, and club soda. But this delicious and refreshing drink has the addition of juicy, sweet strawberries and contains no alcohol, which means it can be enjoyed by anyone. It is both low calorie and low sugar, so it is suitable for all diets and lifestyles.
It is just slightly sweet, with a nice tang from the fresh lime and a crisp, cool finish from the mint. It is the perfect beverage to enjoy on a hot, summer day.
If you prefer your drinks a little sweeter you can make this drink with lemon-lime soda instead of club soda, or you could add a little simple syrup to sweeten the drink.
For a full list of ingredients and measurements, see the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
The ingredients you will need to make a strawberry mojito mocktail are:
- Fresh strawberries – Choose bright red, ripe strawberries for this recipe. Fresh is best, but you could use thawed, frozen berries if you don’t have fresh on-hand.
- Fresh mint leaves – Fresh mint leaves are a must. Choose leaves that are bright green and free of bruises, brown spots and tears.
- Fresh lime juice – Fresh lime juice is preferred over bottled as it will have the best flavour. However, you can use bottled lime juice if fresh limes are not available.
- Club soda or lemon-lime soda – For a fresh, crisp drink that isn’t sweet, you can use regular club soda or lemon-lime club soda, sparkling water also works well. If you want your drink a little sweeter you can use a lemon-lime soda instead.
- Ice – Ice makes this drink extra cold and refreshing. You will want a good handful for each glass.
Step by Step Instructions
Begin by washing and quartering the berries, then add a few to each glass.
Add 2-3 mint leaves to each glass, then use a muddler to squish the berries and slightly bruise the mint leaves. You want to be careful that you don’t tear the leaves into tiny bits. They will tear a bit, but you don’t want them completely shredded.
Pro-Tip: If you don’t have a muddler, you can use a wooden spoon to press the berries and lime leaves.
Add the juice from ¼ of a fresh lime to each glass, then add a handful of ice.
Top with club soda or lemon-lime soda and garnish with fresh berries, mint leaves, and lime slices.
Top Tips & FAQS
- Use fresh fruit in this recipe for the best flavour.
- When pressing the fruit and mint leaves you want to press just enough to squich the berries and release their juice. The mint leaves should be just slightly torn.
- For a sweeter drink, use lemon-lime soda or add a small amount of simple syrup.
- If you want to make this a true cocktail, instead of a mocktail, add a splash of rum.
This is not a drink you can make ahead of time. Because the majority of the drink is carbonated soda, it will go flat if made too far in advance. Instead, prep all of the fruit ingredients ahead of time if you want it to go faster when it’s time to serve.
More Fruity Beverages
Virgin Strawberry Mojito
- 4 strawberries fresh
- 6 mint leaves fresh
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 can club soda or lemon lime soda
- Cut the strawberries in quarters and divide them between two 10-ounce glasses.
- Add 2-3 mint leaves to each glass. With the muddler, press the strawberries and mint leaves to release the juice from the berries and slightly bruise the mint, being careful not to tear the mint into pieces.
- Add juice from ¼ of a fresh lime to each glass. Then add a handful of ice.
- Top each glass with club soda or lemon-lime soda.
- Garnish with fresh berries, mint leaves, or lime slices if desired, and enjoy.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Wednesday 6th of July 2022
I found this recipe on Pinterest when looking for virgin cocktails and I am so glad I did. This drink was so refreshing and felt fancy but was simple to make. I love that it had an authentic classic mojito flavor - I surprisingly didn't miss the alcohol at all! Thanks!
Friday 1st of July 2022
I am doing Dry July, and delicious virgin drinks like this one make it easy! This is refreshing, tasty and so enjoyable - it really does taste like a proper cocktail! The perfect drink to enjoy outside in the sunshine.
Friday 1st of July 2022
I wanted a sweeter drink so added some Sprite and a few extra strawberries! I'm planning on doubling the recipe for when my niece and her friends come over. I know they're going to love it!