A creamy, thick milkshake made with vanilla ice cream, real strawberries and chocolaty Oreo cookies. This milkshake is the perfect combination of sweet berries and cookie and cream. Topped with whipped cream, this milkshake blends two popular flavours into one delicious treat.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Milkshakes are a delicious treat any time of the year. This strawberry Oreo shake is a perfect blend of sweet strawberries, vanilla ice cream and chocolate cookies. Perfect for the person who can’t decide between a strawberry or cookie and cream milkshake.
This milkshake uses simple ingredients and takes only minutes to make.
If strawberries are in season you can use fresh berries, but using frozen berries works just as well and provides a thicker, creamier shake.
Topped with whipped cream, an Oreo cookie, and fresh berries this shake works well as a simple dessert or can be served with burger and fries, or as an afternoon snack on a hot summer day.
The ingredients you will need to make strawberry Oreo milkshakes are:
- Ice Cream – I use vanilla ice cream for this milkshake. But you could use strawberry ice cream instead if you want to increase the strawberry flavour, or use a combination of vanilla and strawberry.
- Milk – I just use 2% milk in all my milkshakes as it is always in my refrigerator. But you can use fat free milk, whole milk, or even cream if you like.
- Strawberries – I like to use frozen strawberries in the milkshake to help keep it cold and thick. But you can use fresh strawberries if you like, or a combination of the two.
- Oreo cookies – I just use the original chocolate and cream Oreo cookies, but with so many flavours available feel free to use one of your favourites instead. You will want 9-12 cookies.
- Strawberry syrup – The use of strawberry syrup is optional, but as fresh strawberries can vary in sweetness it can help to increase the strawberry flavour.
- Whipped cream – The use of whipped cream is optional, but makes a pretty presentation for the finished milkshake.
For a full list of ingredients and measurements, see the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Add the ice cream, berries, Oreo cookies and milk to a blender.
Place the lid on the blender and start the blender at a low speed. Gradually increase the speed and blend until all the ingredients are combined.
If the blender is having trouble mixing the shake, add a bit more milk until it is able to fully blend the ingredients or until the milkshake is your preferred thickness.
Pro-Tip: If you are using fresh berries in the milkshake instead of frozen you can start with less milk. The fresh berries will provide more liquid resulting in a thinner milkshake.
Drizzle some strawberry sauce or chocolate sauce on the inside of two glasses. Fill the glasses with the milkshake, then top with whipped cream, fresh berries and an Oreo cookie.
Variations & Substitutions
There are plenty of ways to customize this shake depending on what you have on hand.
- Ice Cream – You can use vanilla or strawberry ice cream for this milkshake or a combination of the two. If you don’t have ice cream, try using frozen yogurt instead, it will be just as creamy with a bit more tangy flavour.
- Syrup – If you don’t have strawberry syrup and want to increase the strawberry flavour you can add a tablespoon or two of strawberry jam.
- Oreos Cookies – If you don’t have Oreos you can use any chocolate wafer cookie or chocolate cookie crumbs.
- Berries – While this is a strawberry Oreo milkshake, it would be just as delicious with raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries.
To make your milkshake thick, start with a small amount of milk, blend and add a bit more milk at a time until you get the thickness you like. For this strawberry Oreo milkshake using frozen strawberries over fresh strawberries will provide a thicker shake. The firmer the ice cream is, the thicker the shake will be.
To make your milkshake dairy free you will want to choose a dairy-free ice cream and you can substitute the milk with your favourite dairy-free milk beverage such as oat milk, almond milk or coconut milk.
More Ice Cream and Milkshakes
Strawberry Oreo Milkshake
- 3 Cups vanilla ice cream approximately 6 scoops
- 1 Cup frozen strawberries
- 9 Oreo cookies plus more for garnish
- ¾ Cup milk or as much as required for your desired thickness
- strawberry syrup or chocolate syrup as desired
- whipped cream
- fresh strawberries as garnish
- Add the ice cream, strawberries, and 9 Oreo cookies to a blender along with ½ cup of milk.
- Place the lid on the blender and turn the blender on low, gradually increasing the speed to mix the ingredients.
- Add more milk as needed to get the consistency you like.
- Taste the milkshake and if you want more strawberry flavour you can add 1 or 2 tablespoons of strawberry syrup. If you want more cookie flavour, add a few more cookies.
- Drizzle strawberry or chocolate sauce on the inside of two tall glasses. Pour the milkshake into the glasses and top with whipped cream, fresh berries and an Oreo cookie.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.