Oreo cookies, wrapped in flaky dough and topped with a generous coating of powdered sugar. Like little donuts, air fried Oreos are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside and are ready in just 15 minutes!
What Are Air Fried Oreos?
Air fried Oreos are Oreo cookies that have been wrapped in flaky dough and then baked in the air fryer until they are crispy on the outside and soft and melty on the inside.
Then they are dusted in powdered sugar for a tasty little treat that is reminiscent of a powdered donut.
Fried Oreos are often found in food trucks and at the fair. The are usually dipped in batter and then deep fried. Then they are often coated in sugar and various toppings and sometimes served with a side, like chocolate sauce or strawberry jam.
This version is a little healthier (if you can call Oreos healthy). It doesn’t require a pot of hot oil, making it a bit safer for home cooks, and you don’t have to fuss with dipping the cookies in batter.
Why This Recipe Works
- This recipe requires only 3 simple ingredients.
- You can have an entire batch made and ready to eat in about 15 minutes!
- They are fun and delicious.
These delicious treats require only 3 simple ingredients.
Refrigerated biscuit dough – I use one tube containing 10 biscuits. I have found the country style biscuits to work and taste the best.
Oreos – Use any variety you like. I used the original Oreo cookie, but you can use double stuffed, or any of the fun varieties that are now available.
Powdered sugar – This makes them extra tasty and gives them a powdered donut feel.
If you prefer, you can use refrigerated crescent rolls. I like the biscuits because of the round shape and the fact that I can make 10 instead of 8!
One – Remove the biscuit dough from the tube and, working one at a time, flatten each biscuit with your hands so that it is wide enough to wrap around the cookies.
Two – Place an Oreo in the middle of the flattened biscuit, then pull the edges of the dough up and over the cookie being careful not to tear it. Pinch the middle where it comes together to seal.
Three – Place the cookies in the air fryer basket leaving a bit of room between them. Between half and one inch is enough. If they won’t all fit in your basket you can work in batches.
Four – Set the air fryer to 320 degrees for 8 minutes until golden brown.
Once the timer goes off, remove the cookies from the air fryer and dust with powdered sugar.
These are best served warm!
Pro tip – To reheat these Oreos you can either pop them in the microwave or stick them back in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 320 degrees.
How to serve fried Oreos
First I will tell you, these are best served warm. When served warm the outside stays a bit crisp and the inside is soft and slightly melted.
They are fine cold too, but the inside will be crunchier and the outside will be a bit chewier.
We usually just give these a generous coating of powdered sugar as soon as they come out of the air fryer and dive in. But if you wanted a more indulgent treat, or wanted to make them more like a full dessert I suggest serving them with a drizzle of chocolate syrup or a dish of fresh strawberry jam for dipping.
We’ve never had to worry about that in my house, they’ve always been gone the same day. If you have leftovers, however, they should keep in an air tight container for a few days.
Yes you can. You can pop them in the microwave for about 30 seconds, or you can put them back in the air fryer at 320 degrees for 2-3 minutes. You will likely have to dust them with fresh powdered sugar before serving.
More Easy Desserts
Air Fried Oreos
- 1 Tube refrigerated biscuits
- 10 Oreo Cookies
- 1/4 Cup powdered sugar
- Open the tube of biscuts and separate the biscuits.
- Working one at a time, flatten each biscuit to about 1/4 inch thick. It should be big enough to wrap around the Oreo.
- Place an Oreo in the middle of the flattened biscuit and then bring the dough up and over the cookie so that it is completly wrapped. Pinch the middle of the dough where the edges come together to seal it.
- Set the Oreos in the air fryer basket leaving about half inch of room for them to rise. If you have a small air fryer, you may need to work in batches.
- Turn the air fryer to 320 degrees and cook for 8 minutes. They should be puffed up and golden brown.
- Remove the Oreos from the basket and dust generously with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm.
Sharing is caring!