This chicken and gnocchi sheet pan is the perfect meal to serve any night of the week. It combines fresh vegetables with chicken and pillowy soft gnocchi to make a full meal with one pan and little clean up.
I know how hard it can be to get dinner to the table quickly after a long day at work. The last thing you want after a busy day is to be slaving over the stove for hours. Sheet pan meals are a great solution because you get everything done in one pan, making clean up a breeze, and they cook fairly quickly. In fact, this whole meal comes together and can be on your table in less than an hour.
Sheet pan meals are a great way to use up whatever vegetables you have in your fridge. While I’ve given you a recipe below as a starting point, you can change this up in so many ways. If you don’t have one of the vegetables and want to substitute something else, that is perfectly fine. If you prefer different herbs and spices, that is easy to change too.
The reason I love this sheet pan meal so much is because of the gnocchi. Gnocchi are little pillows of potato goodness. They are usually served like pasta, often quickly boiled and then served with a sauce. In this sheet pan meal you simply toss them in a bit of oil and garlic and then throw them on top of everything else. They cook beautifully and then when you broil the pan with some parmesan cheese at the end the gnocchi get a wee bit crisp on the outside while maintaining that soft centre.
Because of the endless variations this is the type of meal I never get tired of.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN & GNOCCHI SHEET PAN
Making this recipe is really easy. Simply chop the chicken and vegetables into bits sized pieces and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can skip the parchment if you like, but it does make clean up easier.
Next, drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil over the entire pan and sprinkle with the minced garlic, 1 tsp of salt and the thyme.
Place the gnocchi in a medium sized bowl, then toss with the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil, the clove of crushed garlic and 1 tsp of salt, then spread on top of the chicken and vegetables.
Toss in the oven at 375 degrees for approximately 25 min until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender then remove from the oven. Turn the oven to broil, sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the pan and return to the oven. Cook for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly golden brown.
Serve and enjoy!
THINGS TO KNOW AND HELPFUL TIPS
- Can I make this vegetarian? Of course! Simply leave out the chicken and add extra vegetables.
- Can I use different protein? You sure can. Pork or beef would make great substitues.
- Want to change the seasonings? Try oregano, basil, or chilli flakes. If you want to make things really easy, swap the olive oil with Italian dressing and leave out the thyme.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Chicken & Gnocchi Sheet Pan
- 1.5 Pounds Boneless, skinless, chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Cups Zucchini cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Cups Mixed bell peppers cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Cups Mushrooms quartered
- 1 Cup Onion diced
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tsp Dried thyme
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 package Shelf stable gnocchi
- 1 Clove Garlic crushed
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut chicken and vegetables into bite sized pieces and spread evenly on the pan
- Drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil over the entire pan
- Sprinkle pan with minced garlic, thyme and 1 tsp of kosher salt
- Place gnocchi in a medium bowl and toss with remaining tbsp of olive oil, crushded garlic and 1 tsp of salt
- Spread over the pan
- Place in oven and bake for approximatly 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Remove pan from the oven and set oven to broil. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly over the pan.
- Return to the oven and broil for approximatly 5 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly
- Serve and enjoy!