This homemade chunky blue cheese dip comes together quickly and easily with only 5 ingredients. Serve this with hot wings or your next veggie platter.
Blue cheese is one of those things you either love or hate. As a cheese, I don’t love it, but when you combine that pungent blue cheese with a creamy base to make a dip, it’s fantastic.
What I love about making my own chunky blue cheese dip is that I can make it as strong as I like. If I’m feeling like I want a lot of blue cheese flavour I can add more and if I want it milder I can add less. This homemade chunky blue cheese has a super thick, rich and creamy texture that I have not been able to find in any store bought dip or dressing.
The best part about this dip is it’s super easy to make, contains only 5 ingredients, and you don’t have to let it sit for hours to develop its flavours. Generally I only let it sit as long as it takes to finish cooking the rest of our dinner. If you have time to let it rest in the fridge it will become stronger in flavour, but it really isn’t necessary for this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE CHUNKY BLUE CHEESE DIP
Blue cheese dip starts with real blue cheese. You can pick any variety you like, but I prefer one that is a bit softer in texture. It yields a much richer, creamier dip.
Start by chopping or crumbling the blue cheese into small pieces, you will want about half a cup.
Once the blue cheese is chopped you can put the sour cream, mayo, garlic powder and lemon juice in a bowl, then add the chopped blue cheese and stir it up.
That’s it! That is all there is to making your own blue cheese dip.
Now you can either serve it in the same bowl you mixed it in, or transfer to as serving bowl and serve with your favourite veggies, buffalo chicken, or any other way you like.
THINGS TO KNOW & HELPFUL HINTS
- Can I use yogurt instead of sour cream? Absolutely, choose a thick unflavoured greek yogurt. The results will be the same as using sour cream.
- Can I make this into a dressing? You sure can! To make it into a dressing, slowly whisk in some buttermilk until you get a consistency you like. You may want to add a bit of extra blue cheese to help the flavours come through.
- How long will it keep? I’ve never had it last more than a couple of days, just because it is so good we eat it all. But it should last about 5 days if kept in an airtight container in the fridge.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Chunky Blue Cheese Dip
- 1/2 Cup Crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sour cream
- 1/4 Cup Mayonaise
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Chop or crumble the blue cheese.
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a comment or rating!
Pin this recipe for later!