The pineapple martini is a tasty cocktail made with pineapple juice, vodka, and orange liqueur. This drink is quick and easy to make. It is light and refreshing, perfect for enjoying on a hot summer day.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE, I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES.
What is a Pineapple Martini Cocktail?
This delicious beverage is a blend of pineapple juice, vodka, and orange liqueur with just a dash of lime juice to balance the flavours.
It is light, sweet, refreshing, and perfect for enjoying on a hot summer day.
Served chilled with a pineapple wedge, this martini will remind you of sitting on a tropical beach.
It can be made with regular vodka but can easily be customized by using varieties such as lime, lemon, pineapple, or even coconut vodka.
If you prefer sparkling cocktails, then simply add the mixed martini to a tall glass and top with club soda.
For a full list of ingredients and measurements, see the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Pineapple juice – You will want to ensure you are using pure pineapple juice. You can use store-bought, in a can or carton, or juice your own pineapple if you wish.
- Vodka – I like using plain vodka in this recipe, but you could use lemon or lime vodka, or even pineapple vodka, if you can find it.
- Triple Sec – The subtle citrus flavour in the Triple sec helps balance the flavour of the pineapple. You can use any orange liqueur that you prefer.
- Lime juice – Lime juice helps tone down the sweetness of the pineapple juice and balances the flavour. Try to use fresh lime juice if possible.
- Ice – You will need a good handful or two of ice to shake and chill the martini.
Step by Step Instructions
This martini is easy to prepare. Simply add all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker, place the lid on the shaker and shake the drink until the shaker is frosty and cold.
Divide the martini between two martini glasses and garnish with a fresh pineapple wedge, if desired.
Substitutions & Variations
There are a few ways you can customize this drink to suit your preferences or adjust for what you have on hand.
- Vodka – While I like the flavour of this martini with regular vodka, lime, lemon or pineapple vodka will all work well. You could even use a coconut vodka if you want more tropical flavours.
- Juice– You want to use 100% pineapple juice. You should be able to find this in a can or carton in any grocery store. Fresh pineapple juice is even better and can be made if you have a juicer, or you can blend fresh pineapple and strain the pulp through a strainer.
- Triple Sec – If you don’t have Triple Sec, any orange liqueur will work.
Make it a sparkling cocktail – If you want to make this a sparkling cocktail, you can do so by adding the drink to a tall glass filled with ice, then top it with sparkling water or club soda.
Top Tips & FAQS
- For best flavour be sure you are using 100% pineapple juice, not a juice blend for this recipe.
- If you want to ensure the martini is extra cold, start with chilled juice and vodka.
If you want to make a batch or two ahead of time, simply mix all ingredients except the ice in a large pitcher. When it comes time to serve, add ice and desired amount of the mixed martini to a cocktail shaker, shake and serve.
More Refreshing Cocktails
- 4 oz pineapple juice
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz triple sec
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
- Add all of the ingredients to the shaker, close the lid, and shake until the shaker is cold and frosty.
- Divide the martini between two martini glasses and garnish with fresh pineapple slices, if desired.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.