Trix Krispie marshmallow treats are a colourful twist on a classic cereal square. A blend of Trix and Rice Krispie cereals and dotted with whole marshmallows, these no-bake treats are delightful, fun and ready in minutes.
I think everyone is familiar with Rice Krispie Treats. They are one of the most popular no-bake treats around. The simple ingredients and minimal preparation make them go-to when you just need to whip up a sweet treat quickly.
These Trix Krispie marshmallow treats are a fun twist on a classic.
Using a blend of fruity Trix cereal and rice krispies, these squares are colourful and fun. They only take about ten minutes to prepare, plus a bit of time to set-up.
Crunchy, chewy and sweet, these marshmallow treats are a fun snack for both kids and adults.
There are only 4 simple ingredients in these Trix Krispie treats:
- Trix Cereal
- Rice Krispie Cereal
Making these squares is super simple and requires no special equipment.
- Melt the butter in a large pot on medium heat
- Add 6 Cups of the marshmallows and stir to melt and combine with the butter
- Remove from the heat, add 4 cups of Trix and 2 Cups of Rice Krispies and stir to combine
- Gently add the remaining cup of marshmallows
- Press into a 9×11 pan
- Sprinkle remaining Trix on top and gently press
- Allow to set then cut into squares
⏲️ Bake Time
Here’s the best part. No bake time! It only takes a few minutes to melt the butter and marshmallows on the stove. Then you simply stir the rest of the ingredients in, press it into a pan and allow to set.
If you are unable to find Trix cereal, you can still make these fun treats.
Try using Fruit Loops, Fruity Pebbles, Crunch Berries, or any store brand fruit cereals.
💭 Frequently asked questions
Do I need to refrigerate cereal treats?
No need to refrigerate these treats. Just be sure to keep them in an airtight container or ziplock bag or they will dry out quickly.
What size bag of marshmallows do I need to buy?
You will need a 16 ounce bag of mini-marshmallows in order to have enough for both the melted marshmallows and the cup of whole marshmallows.
What size pan should I use?
I use a 9×11 pan for this recipe. I find that it makes the squares the perfect thickness. However, you can use a 9×13 pan, 2 round 8-inch cake pans, or whatever else you have on hand.
Because this recipe doesn’t need to bake, the size of pan will not affect the bars in anyway other than how thick they are.
If you liked this recipe you might also like:
Pin this recipe for later!
Tried this recipe? Please leave me a comment or rating to let me know!
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 7 Cups Mini marshmallows Divided
- 5 Cups Trix Cereal Divided
- 2 Cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir in 6 cups of the mini-marshmallows, continue stirring until the marshmallows and butter are well incorporated and most of the marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from the heat and add 4 cups of the Trix cereal and the Rice Krispies and stir until everything is well combined.
- Add the remaining cup of marshmallows and stir gently
- Spray a 9×11 pan with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper and press the cereal mixture into the pan with slightly dampened hands.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of Trix cereal on top of the bars and press gently.
- Allow to set up for at least 30 minutes, then cut into squares.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.Click here to join our Facebook Group: Easy Homemade Recipes