Easy ranch party mix is made with just a few simple ingredients. This mix is nut free and comes together quickly. Crunchy, salty, and with a zesty ranch seasoning, this snack mix made with pretzels, Bugles, crackers and Chex will become your new favourite snack.
I love a good party mix. The salty, crunchy snack with a variety of different pretzels, crackers, and cereals is a fun alternative to a bag of chips.
The best thing about snack mixes is that they are so easy to make at home and the variety of flavours you can create are truly endless.
A good party mix can be salty, sweet, spicy or even a combination of flavours.
For this ranch party mix I have used a combination of pretzels, crackers, Bugles, and two different cereals. Then I’ve coated them in my homemade buttermilk ranch dressing which is garlicky, herby, and full of flavour.
This makes a large batch and it will keep well for a couple of weeks, if you resist eating it all before then.
How to make easy ranch party mix
- Place the pretzels, crackers, Bugles and Chex and Cheerios in a large bowl
- Coat with the melted butter, add the ranch seasoning and stir well to coat
- Place the mix on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 40 minutes stirring half-way through
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool, then store in a ziplock bag or air-tight container
If you don’t want to make your own ranch dressing mix you can use store bought dry mix, such as Hidden Valley Ranch. I recommend looking for the low sodium variety as there is already enough salt in the pretzels and crackers.
How long will this homemade snack mix keep?
If stored in an airtight container or ziplock bag this snack mix will keep well for several weeks.
Can I use different cereal or crackers in this?
You sure can. This snack mix will work well with shreddies, oyster crackers, cheese nips, or any of your other bite size crackers or cereals.
Can I add nuts to this snack mix?
Of course. Peanuts, almonds or cashews would be great in this mix.
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Pin this recipe for later!
Like this recipe? Please leave me a comment or rating to let me know!
- 3 Cups Mini Pretzel Twists
- 3 Cups Bugles
- 3 Cups Rice Chex
- 2 Cups Classic Goldfish crackers
- 2 Cups Cheerios
- 1/2 Cup Butter melted
- 6 Tbsp Ranch Seasoning Mix or 2 envelopes of store bought
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Place the pretzels, crackers, bugles, and cereals in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the mix and stir to combine
- Add the ranch seasoning and stir well making sure everything is coated
- Spread the mix on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes stirring half way through.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool completely, then store in an airtight container or ziplock bag