Air fried asparagus is a super quick side dish that pairs well with any meal. Lightly seasoned and ready in just 5 minutes, this asparagus stays crunchy. Delicious served with lemon garlic dip.
I love asparagus. As a side dish, it is one of my favourite vegetables. However, I like it best when it stays crunchy and has crispy ends.
This air fried asparagus has the crunch and the best part is it’s ready in just 5 minutes.
My favourite way to serve this is lightly seasoned with just a bit of course salt and then with a side of lemon garlic dip. The spears stay crunchy enough that you can pick them up like french fries, making them more fun to eat.
HOT TIP: Look for asparagus spears that are about the same diameter as a pencil. These are more tender and less woody that larger stalks and cook quicker.
How to make air fried asparagus
The best thing about air fried asparagus is there are very few steps to preparing and cooking it.
- Wash the asparagus spears then cut off the bottom part just where it starts to turn green. (I usually just keep it in a bunch and chop it all at the same place)
- Place in the air fryer basket and drizzle with olive oil. If your air fryer is the style that looks like an oven, you can toss the asparagus in the oil before placing it on the tray.
- Place in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 5 minutes
- Remove from the basket and sprinkle with salt and a drizzle of fresh lemon, if desired
HOT TIP: If your asparagus spears are extra thin, cook them for 3 minutes and then check for doneness. Asparagus cooks very quickly and goes from crunchy to soft fast. If your asparagus is thicker, add 1-2 minutes longer to the cook time.
How do I choose the best asparagus?
Look for asparagus that is firm, with bright green stalks and closed tips for the best tasting asparagus.
How can I cook asparagus in the oven?
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can easily roast this asparagus in the oven. Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees, toss the asparagus in the olive oil and place on a baking sheet, then roast for approximately 10 minutes.
Other recipes you might like
Air Fried Asparagus
- 1 Pound Asparagus 1 large bunch, Pencil diameter
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- couse sea salt
Lemon Garlic Dip
- 1/2 Cup Mayonaise
- 2 tsp Roasted granulated garlic
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- Cut the ends of the asparagus off, just where the ends turn from white to green
- Place the asparagus in the air fryer basket and drizzle with oil. If you have an oven style air fryer, you can toss the asparagus in the oil, then place on the air fryer tray.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for 5 minutes
- Remove from the air fryer and sprinkle with salt and drizzle of fresh lemon juice if desired
Lemon Garlic Dip
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe? Please leave me a comment or rating to let me know!
Pin this recipe for later!