Get dinner on the table fast without sacrificing any flavour. This quick and easy butter chicken flatbread is ready in just 15 minutes making it a perfect week night meal.
Sometimes you just need to get dinner on the table pronto. I know exactly how it is. You get home from work, you are tired, you are hungry, and the last thing you want to do is cook for hours. Often times this leads to ordering in or running through the drive through on the way home.
While I have been guilty of picking up a quick, calorie laden meal myself, I much prefer to make something at home. Fortunately, there are plenty of meals you can make quickly without sacrificing flavour. Plus they are a lot healthier and more economical than eating out.
This easy butter chicken flatbread is absolutely delicious. It starts with a store bought naan bread and curry sauce. Then it is topped with peppers, chicken, cheese and finished with a homemade cilantro yogurt sauce. The best part? This flavour packed meal is ready in just 15 minutes.
One key to quick weeknight meals is having some things prepped and in the refrigerator ready to go. This recipe uses cooked, shredded chicken. You can pick up a rotisserie chicken at almost any grocery store, or you can make your own using my recipe for instant pot rotisserie style chicken found here.
Since this flatbread is so quick and easy, I have not provided any process photos for this recipe. Though flatbread sounds fancy, you are really just making a pizza, and everyone knows what that is. My goal is just to provide you with an idea that you may never have thought of and help you get dinner to the table quickly.
But just in case, here is how I like to do mine.
HOW TO MAKE EASY BUTTER CHICKEN FLATBREAD
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Spread some butter chicken sauce on the flatbread
- Add a sprinkle of cheese
- Top with peppers and chicken
- Add another drizzle of sauce and sprinkle of cheese
- Pop it in the oven for about 8 minutes, then turn to broil for 1-2 minutes
- Sprinkle with green onion and drizzle with cilantro yogurt sauce
Serve and enjoy!!
THINGS TO KNOW & HELPFUL HINTS
- I use a store bought jar of butter chicken sauce for this recipe, you should be able to find this in the ethnic aisle of any grocery store.
- This is meant to be quick and easy, if you don’t have bell peppers, simply leave them off or substitute with any veggie you choose.
- I like using roasted cumin as it has a richer flavour, but you can use regular ground cumin instead.
- If you don’t have naan bread, substitute with pita bread, pizza crust or even a tortilla.
- Make it vegetarian by leaving the chicken off, adding more vegetables, or adding some tofu.
- Easily scale the recipe up or down as needed.
- These can be made ahead and make a great lunch. Just leave the yogurt sauce off until ready to eat.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- 4 Naan breads
- 1/2 Cup Butter chicken sauce
- 1 Bell pepper, colour of choice sliced
- 2 Cups Cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 Cups Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 Cup Sliced green onions
Cilantro Yogurt Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 1/2 Cup Loosly packed cilantro chopped
- 1/4 tsp Roasted cumin
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Spread some butter chicken sauce on the naan bread.
- Add a sprinkle of cheese.
- Top with peppers and chicken.
- Add another drizzle of sauce and sprinkle of cheese.
- Place on a sheet pan and into the oven for about 8 minutes. Turn the oven to broil for 1-2 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and add a sprinkle of green onion and a drizzle of cilantro yogurt sauce.
To make the cilantro yogurt sauce
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir and set aside until flatbreads are ready.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.Click here to join our Facebook Group: Easy Homemade Recipes