These easy boneless chicken bites are simply seasoned and cooked in the air fryer. Ready in 15 minutes from start to finish they are a perfect quick meal, appetizer or snack.
We love boneless bites. They are quick and easy and there are just so many ways to season them. They are great as a main meal, or an appetizer, and I’ve even been known to whip up a quick batch for a snack.
Why this recipe works
These boneless chicken bites are cooked in the air fryer, so they are super fast to make and they contain no added oils or fats, making them a pretty healthy choice.
They are also not breaded or coated in anything other than spices making them a gluten free.
This recipe calls for boneless skinless chicken breast and simple seasoning with ingredients I’m sure you have in your pantry. You will need:
- Smoked paprika
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried mustard
- Dried oregano
You can even double or triple the ingredients and make a jar to keep in the pantry.
Or you can use this homemade taco seasoning. I always have a jar in the pantry and it is great on these chicken bites.
If you want to keep things even simpler, then any of your favourite pre-made seasonings will work.
Once they are cooked I like to serve them with my homemade honey mustard dip or this super easy homemade chunky blue cheese dip.
Step by Step Instructions
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces
- Add the seasonings and toss to coat
- Place the chicken in an air fryer basket, set the fryer to 380 degrees for 12 minutes
- Half way through the cook cycle, remove the basket and give it a shake
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the honey mustard dip, if using
How to serve
These chicken bites are great on their own, but they are also perfect on top of a salad or in a wrap. We make these often, just because they are so versatile.
The other great thing about this recipe is that it is so easy to customize. If you are craving buffalo boneless chicken bites you can toss these in some hot sauce and serve them with blue cheese dip.
Top Tips & FAQS
You can. If you want breading on these, you can mix the seasoning with 2 tablespoons of flour, or ¼ cup of breadcrumbs and then toss the chicken in it.
They keep very well and make a great grab and go lunch. Just put them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days. They also freeze well.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
More air fryer recipes to try:
Air fryer steak bites with cowboy butter – by Best Beef Recipes
Air fryer chicken drumsticks – by The Busted Oven
Flamin’ hot chicken strips – by airfried.com
Air fryer sweet potato fries – by Upstate Ramblings
Tried this recipe? Please leave a comment or rating to let me know!
- 1.5 Pounds Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- ¼ tsp Salt
Honey Mustard Dip
- ¼ Cup Mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon Yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces, approximately 1 inch cubes.
- Place the chicken in a bowl, add the spices and toss to coat.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer and spread them out as evenly as you can.
- Set the air fryer to 380 degrees for 12 minutes. At the half way mark, remove the basket and shake to help ensure even cooking.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix the mayoniase, mustard and honey. Set aside.
- When the chicken is done, remove from the fryer. Serve immediatly with the dip on the side.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.