These easy boneless chicken bites are simply seasoned and cooked in the air fryer. Ready in 15 minutes from start to finish they are a perfect quick meal, appetizer or snack.
We love boneless bites. They are quick and easy and there are just so many ways to season them. They are great as a main meal, or an appetizer, and I’ve even been known to whip up a quick batch for a snack.
These boneless chicken bites are cooked in the air fryer, so they are super fast to make and they contain no added oils or fats, making them a pretty healthy choice. They are also not breaded or coated in anything other than spices making them a gluten free choice.
For this recipe I’ve used a simple seasoning with ingredients I’m sure you have in your pantry. But if you want to make things even easier, you can pre-make a jar of this homemade taco seasoning. I always have a jar in the pantry and it is great on these chicken bites. If you want to keep things even simpler, then any of your favourite pre-made seasonings will work. Once they are cooked I like to serve them with my homemade honey mustard dip or this super easy homemade chunky blue cheese dip.
The great thing about this recipe is that it is so easy to customize. If you are craving buffalo boneless chicken bites you can toss these in some hot sauce and serve them with blue cheese dip.
These chicken bites are great on their own, but they are also perfect on top of a salad or in a wrap. We make these often, just because they are so versatile. Once you’ve made them, I’m sure you will be making them again and again.
HOW TO MAKE EASY BONELESS CHICKEN BITES
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces
- Place in a bowl and add 3 tbsp of homemade taco seasoning
- Add 2 tsp of dried mustard
- Toss to coat the chicken in the seasoning
- Place the chicken in an air fryer basket, set the fryer to 380 degrees for 12 minutes
- Half way through the cook cycle, remove the basket and give it a shake
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the honey mustard dip
- Serve as is, with a salad, or any other side you choose
THINGS TO KNOW & HELPFUL HINTS
- Can I use different seasoning? Yes, of course. You can use almost anything you like.
- Can I bread them? You can. You can toss them in 2 tablespoons of flour, or some bread crumbs, if you want a crisper exterior.
- Will these keep after they are cooked? Yes, they keep very well, and they make a great grab and go lunch. Just put them in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. They should keep a couple days in the fridge.
- Do they really only take 12 minutes? All air fryers are a bit different, but when cutting into 1 inch cubes, and if completely thawed, mine have always been cooked in 12 minutes. If you cut them larger, or they are slightly frozen, they may take longer. After 12 minutes, cut into one of the largest pieces, or test with a meat thermometer. You are looking for 165 degrees. If it hasn’t reached 165 degrees or if it is still a bit pink, leave them in for a couple more minutes.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Easy Boneless Chicken Bites
- 1.5 Pounds Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Dried mustard
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Honey Mustard Dip
- 1/4 Cup Mayonaise
- 1 Tbsp Yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces, approximately 1 inch cubes.
- Place the chicken in a bowl, add the spices and toss to coat.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer and spread them out as evenly as you can.
- Set the air fryer to 380 degrees for 12 minutes. At the half way mark, remove the basket and shake to help ensure even cooking.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix the mayoniase, mustard and honey. Set aside.
- When the chicken is done, remove from the fryer. Serve immediatly with the dip on the side.