Sheet pan buffalo chicken quesadillas are easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes. Filled with chicken, buffalo sauce and two types of cheese, these make a perfect dinner or snack.
Quesadillas are always a winner in this house. They are quick and easy to make and most of the time can be made with whatever leftovers you have in the refrigerator.
We love spicy food, so anytime we can incorporate buffalo chicken, we know we will have something we love.
These buffalo chicken quesadillas can be served as a main meal for dinner or lunch. They also make a great party food as you can make a large batch easily.
The crispy shell and saucy, cheesy filling is a great combination that will leave everyone reaching for more.
What is the best way to cook quesadillas?
Quesadillas are one of those foods that can be cooked in several ways, and they are all equally delicious.
Most of the time I simply grill them on a skillet on top of the stove. Just lightly spray the tortilla with oil, place in the skillet until the bottom is browned, then flip and brown the other side.
You could also cook these on a grill, like a BBQ. Place them directly on the grill until the bottom is brown and then flip and brown the other side. I love this method in the summer and using the grill will give them a slightly smoky flavour.
But when you need to make a large batch, then using a sheet pan and baking them in the oven is the way to go, and that is the method described in this recipe.
How should you serve buffalo chicken quesadillas?
I like to keep it simple and serve these with blue cheese dip or ranch dressing.
You can buy a jar of your favourite, or you can make your own. This chunky blue cheese dip is perfect for serving with these quesadillas. If you prefer ranch, then this homemade buttermilk ranch is quick and easy.
What is the best hot sauce for buffalo chicken?
Without a doubt, our favourite is Frank’s Red Hot. We go through so much of it we buy it in bottles of two at Costco. We like the spice level and balance of flavours. However, you can use whatever type you like.
How to make sheet pan buffalo chicken quesadillas
These quesadillas come together quickly with just a few steps.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil
- Spray one side of each tortilla with olive oil spray, or brush with oil then flip them over to fill
- Add the cheese, buffalo chicken, and veggies.
- Drizzle with additional hot sauce if desired then fold the top half of each quesadilla over the filled side to close.
- Sprinkle with extra blue cheese and pop them in the oven to bake
- The quesadillas are done when they are golden and crisp, about 20 minutes.
Once the quesadillas are crispy and browned, remove from the oven, cut into wedges and serve with blue cheese, ranch or additional hot sauce.
Things to know & helpful tips
- Can I make quesadillas in a frying pan? Absolutly. A frying pan works great for this recipe if you only need to make one or two. Simply heat a pan on medium heat and add the quesadillas. Heat for a few minutes until brown and then flip and brown the other side.
- Can I use a different type of cheese? Sure! You can use whatever cheese you like.
- Can I make quesadillas gluten free? Definitely. Just look for gluten free tortillas. Corn tortillas would be a great choice.
- Can I reheat quesadillas? Yes! Simply place on a baking sheet, cover with foil and heat at 350 degrees for approximately 15 minutes. Remove the foil after 10 minutes to allow them to crisp up again.
Other recipes you might like
Sheet Pan Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- 4 10 inch Flour tortillas
- 2 Cups Cooked chicken diced, sliced or shredded
- 1/4 Cup Hot sauce Plus extra for drizzling
- 1 Cup Red pepper diced
- 1/2 Cup Green onion sliced
- 2 Cups Monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 Cup Blue cheese crumbled,
- Blue cheese dip optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Mix the chicken and hot sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Lightly spray one side of each tortilla with olive oil spray, or lightly brush with oil.
- Flip the tortillas over. Using 1 cup of the Monteray jack cheese, sprinkle on one half of each tortilla.
- Top each with the buffalo chicken, red peppers, sliced onions, half of the blue cheese (reserving half for the tops) and remaining Monterey jack cheese. Drizzle each with a bit more hot sauce, depending how spicy you like it.
- Fold the top half of each tortilla over the filled half.
- Sprinkle remaining blue cheese on the top of each quesadilla.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oven, slice and serve with blue cheese dip or additional buffalo sauce.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a rating or comment!
Pin this recipe for later!