Buffalo chicken spring rolls….yes, I said it! We love buffalo chicken in this house. The other thing I love is my air fryer and I am always looking for new ways to use it. These buffalo chicken spring rolls are fantastic. They are pretty simple, contain only a few ingredients, and cook fast!
Because these spring rolls use cooked, shredded chicken, they are a great way to use up left overs. No leftovers? No problem, it is easy to cook chicken breast for shredding by simmering in stock or using a pressure cooker. You can even save yourself time by buying and shredding a rotisserie chicken.
You can use these spring rolls as an appetizer, but we often enjoy them as a main meal. Simply serve with a nice salad to complete the dish.
It is incredibly easy to double or triple this recipe as needed and they freeze well, either before or after cooking. I like to keep some in the freezer to pull out for quick weeknight meals or as an appetizer when company is coming. Cooked spring rolls will soften after being in the fridge, but the can be reheated in the air fryer to crisp them up again.
HOW TO MAKE BUFFALO CHICKEN SPRING ROLLS
Begin by placing the shredded chicken in a medium sized bowl. Next add the wilted shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, and blue cheese. Then add the hot sauce and mix well.
Place a spring roll wrapper in front of you with a point facing down (toward you).
Place a spoonful of the chicken mixture near the bottom of the wrapper and spread out slightly towards the edge.
Now it is time to form the rolls.
Begin by folding the bottom corner of the wrapper up and over the chicken. Next fold each side point in toward the middle. It will look similar to an envelope.
Now gently, but tightly, roll it up until you have approximately a 1 inch point remaining. Lightly moisten the point by dipping your finger in water and then lightly rub it on the point.
Fold the point over the roll to seal.
Continue the process with the remaining wrappers and filling, then place the spring rolls in the air fryer.
Cook at 380 degrees for 12 minutes, then remove to a plate.
Serve and enjoy! Don’t forget the blue cheese dip!
THINGS TO KNOW & HELPFUL TIPS
- What if I don’t have an air fryer? No problem. Place the spring rolls on a parchment lined baking sheet, brush or spray with oil, and pop in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately 20 min or until golden brown.
- What if I don’t like blue cheese? Simply omit, or substitute any other cheese such as cheddar, swiss, or monterey jack.
- These keep well in the fridge and can be frozen. They can be reheated in the oven, microwave, or the air fryer.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls
- Air Fryer
- 10 Spring roll wrappers
- 2 Cups Shredded chicken breast cooked
- 2 Cups Cabbage shredded
- 1/2 Cup Carrots shredded
- 1/4 Cup Blue cheese crumbled
- 1/4 Cup Hot sauce
- Place chicken in a medium sized bowl.
- Heat a small pan on medium heat and add the cabbage. Heat just until cabbage has become soft. Remove from heat and add to the chicken chicken.
- Add the carrots and blue cheese to the chicken mixutre and stir. Next add the hot sauce and stir to coat well.
- Set the chicken mixture aside. Place one sheet of spring roll wrapper in front of you, point down. Add a large spoonfull of chicken mixture near the bottom of the wrapper and spread out in a line (see photo above).
- Fold the bottom corner of the spring roll wrapper over the chicken, then fold both the right and left side in toward the middle. (it will almost look like an envelope)
- Begin rolling tightly from the bottom. If the sides of the wrapper are too wide, gently fold them in. Continue wrapping until there is about a 1 inch point, then slightly dampen the point with water (just dip your finger in water and rub on the point). Then continue to roll and gently press the point to the spring roll to close.
- Continue with remaining wrappers and filling until all are filled.
- Place the spring rolls in your air fryer basket or tray leaving a small space between and spray lightly with oil (or you can brush on). Work in batches if you can't fit them all
- Place in your air fryer at 380 for 12 min.
- Remove from air fryer, serve and enjoy!